...so here's my chance to post some art on Mom's digital fridge. I never went to kindergarten and my school didn't have art class,
so I never got to experience the classic childhood "Art Gallery Refrigerator". My mom's my best friend but I don't get to see her
as much as I want to these days, so this blog is my way of getting to share with her my love for card crafting.
Thanks for visiting and happy crafting!

Saturday, January 14, 2012

I'm on the PCJ Design Team! Woot! Woot!

Goooooooood morning, Bloggyland!  =) It's a snowy bright morning in the now-finally Frozen Northeast and the puppies, kitty and I are all snuggled inside keeping our toes and noses warm. Several battles for the right to lie on my feet have taken place, but everyone seems settled in now. Little do they realize that as soon as I am done with this post, it's upstairs to get crafty. Which means we repeat the process of everyone finding their comfy place all over again. LOL

So... why the excitement this morning? Besides being Saturday, this morning is about updating my blog to reveal this:

I have been thinking over the past few weeks about how to maintain my cardcrafting momentum from Christmas. No matter how much you love an activity, life has a way of interrupting, so I wanted to pick up some kind of responsibility to keep me going. Doing something like a craft fair or making cards for soldiers is still more or less a committment to myself. I thought maybe a design team would be the ticket, especially a biweekly challenge so I could feel more confident about my ability to contribute. So, one night I closed my eyes and clicked submit on the old Linky for the DT call at Paper Crafting Journey. And then it was a daily check to see who else had submitted and how many someone elses had submitted. LOL I know, I know... pathetic. Well, we all have our weaker moments. =) There are just sooooo many awesome crafters out there that it's hard not to compare and feel at least a little bit inadequate or unskilled. I just remind myself that this is for fun and I'm not going to be -or expected to be- the next Michelangelo or Picasso of the cardmaking world. =)

So you can imagine my excitement yesterday when I received my email from Lisa (PCJ owner/DT coordinator) welcoming me to the Team! I even woke my mom up calling her to tell her! haha  I'm looking forward to having fun with my new teamies and getting to work with our sponsors. Even better, I am looking forward to making many more cards and, more importantly, making more friends on this papercrafting adventure! 

See you soon with some crafty fun!
Christy

1 comment:

Squirrel x said...

WHOOOOOO-HOOOOOO!!! Celebratory hugs hun! Sxxx