...so here's my chance to post some art on Mom's digital fridge. I never went to kindergarten and my school didn't have art class,
so I never got to experience the classic childhood "Art Gallery Refrigerator". My mom's my best friend but I don't get to see her
as much as I want to these days, so this blog is my way of getting to share with her my love for card crafting.
Thanks for visiting and happy crafting!

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Lili's Little Fairies Challenge #1 - New Beginnings

Hi! Just making a quick pitstop to post while I’m at lunch. I finished up a card late last night for the first reconfigured Lili’s Little Fairies challenge and didn’t want to miss getting it in before the deadline! My goal this year is to do nearly all of them so it would probably be good for me to get in the first one, especially since my card is made! LOL

Click here for link to site

This week’s challenge is New Beginnings… so I’ve made a baby card. The pics are, as my bloggy friends in the UK would say, rubbish as it was half past dark and one of the bulbs in my light died. Sigh. The blending on my Copics coloring looks better in real life. I hate fiddling about with autocorrect on Picture Manager. I think I will ask the Birthday Fairy for PhotoShop this year. LOL

Here are the quick details – Stamp is LOTV, colored with Copics. Cardstocks are all DCWV edged with Dusty Concord and Peeled Paint Distress Inks. Flowers are Wild Orchid Crafts and pearls are My Big Idea, colored with Copics to match. And I used another new Nestie, these lovely heart squares. I had a hard time choosing between the circles and the squares… I’m glad I got the squares. =)
I kept the floral accents really simple as I didn’t like any of my other stash colors and I wanted to keep gender neutral. Why is it that no matter how much stash you have, you’re so often still missing the “perfect color”? hahaha


So that’s it, gotta get back to work. I’ll be finishing up my Bugaboo card tonight, so I’ll be back soon!
Happy Crafting!
Christy

1 comment:

Renee said...

Hi & welcome, Christy. Just wanted to pop in and say welcome the the PCJ DT. Hope you love it with us..
Hugs-
Renee DT