...so here's my chance to post some art on Mom's digital fridge. I never went to kindergarten and my school didn't have art class,
so I never got to experience the classic childhood "Art Gallery Refrigerator". My mom's my best friend but I don't get to see her
as much as I want to these days, so this blog is my way of getting to share with her my love for card crafting.
Thanks for visiting and happy crafting!

Friday, January 13, 2012

Bugaboo Valentine Puppy

Good morning! Up early, so I’m posting my card from last night. I intended to do some crafting the night before, but my body’s desire for sleep and my brain’s desire to craft were not compatible and I ended up going to bed early. I’m a night owl, so anytime I voluntarily go to bed early is a clear sign that the world is off-kilter. LOL

So… inspired by the oh-so-cuteness of this Bugaboo digi which I recently won, the color combo challenge from Enfys at Going Buggy, the sketch at CPS, and the Valentines for Kids at Send a Smile 4  Kids challenge, I came up with this:

I was practicing coloring “black” on Sunday… this was my 3rd try. I now understand why you have to use dark grays and not actual black. It’s still a bit dark on the paws, but you can still see the digi stamp lines, so I’m calling it a win. =)

The two heart papers and the plaid are digi papers from Stamp Fairy and the image can be found here at Bugaboo Stamps. There’s a little series of him and totally cute! After I colored with Copics, I used Glossy Accents to fill in his nose and his heart balloon. I sprinkled some Glamour Dust on the heart for just a hint of sparkle. My die cuts are the Nestabilities Square Hearts and a heart Sizzlit. I added some grosgrain ribbon layered up, inked the edges with Soot and Barn Door DIs and scattered about a little bling here and there for the finishing touches.

Challenges I’m entering:

Catch the Bug – January Anything Goes
Send A Smile 4 Kids - Valentines for Kids
CPS – Sketch #250
Digital Tuesday – #142 Punch It Out
Papertake Weekly – Die Cute Special
7 Kids College Fund – #38 Try Something New (coloring black with alcohol markers)
Cupcake Crafts - #174 New (new Digi, new Copics coloring choice)
Lollipop Crafts – #62 Anything New Goes
Crafty Cardmakers – #59 No floral embellishments

That’s it for now. I’ll be back soon… and maaaaaybe with some exciting news! Stay tuned! ;)
Happy Crafting!
Christy

8 comments:

Enfys said...

Gorgeous card Christy. Your black colouring looks great. Thanks so much for joining in with my challenges. Good luck
Hugs
Enfys xx

Patrice said...

I would love for you to link it up in my new card making meme, 52 Card Pickup, here: http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/01/52-card-pickup-week-2.html

Karen Hasheck said...

Very sweet Valentine! Love the image and your coloring is awesome! Thanks for sharing it with us at Send a Smile 4 Kids. Come back and play again soon!

P.S. check out our Saturday winner's post here: http://sendasmile4kidschallenge.blogspot.com/2012/01/winners-announced-for-winter-fun-for.html

it's going to make you happy!

Sonia said...

Very pretty card!... great colour combo, cute image.. love it!
Thanks for joining at Lollipop Crafts. Good Luck!
-Sony
Sonia-Studio60

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

Love the black with the red, super cute card! Thanks for joining us this week @ SAS 4 Kids for our Valentine card challenge :)

Cindy :) said...

awwww this is adorable, love it :)

Grá O'Neill said...

I love your card. The digi is adorable and the glamour dust on the heart really finishes it off :)

MicheleV said...

Your card is great - the image is so cute - I'm a bugaboo fan for sure! love the colouring!