...so here's my chance to post some art on Mom's digital fridge. I never went to kindergarten and my school didn't have art class,
so I never got to experience the classic childhood "Art Gallery Refrigerator". My mom's my best friend but I don't get to see her
as much as I want to these days, so this blog is my way of getting to share with her my love for card crafting.
Thanks for visiting and happy crafting!

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Toby's Sparkly Snowball

Card number two from spending the day in the craft room is this holiday card for another of my nieces. Sorry, the photo's a bit wonky, but it's sparkly, isn't it? =)

This image is Toby from the StampFairy - and Gerda happens to be having a 50% off sale right now! I used Copics again - love the Sketch brush tip! - and used a white paint pen to add a bit of accent to the ends of Toby's scarf. Smooch spritz on a white textured cardstock created the base. The snowy background is from Nitwits new Woodland Wishes with some torn white cardstock glittered up with Stickles for the snow-covered ground. Again I've used Martha Stewart punches for the snowflakes dotted here and there. I made my own sentiment on the computer, cut it out with a deckled oval Nestie before glittering the edge. Toby is up on foam dots and his snowball is glittered to death! LOL I also added a few Liquid Pearl dots to accent the Aspen punched border and the larger snowflake. A bit of Offray rickrack in baby blue hid the border seam nicely. 
 
 This one was taken without flash so it's a little blurry, but it shows off all that sparkly snow! =)

And here's a close-up of Toby...

So, off this goes into the box to be mailed out on Monday... and best of all, this snowball won't melt on the way to Arizona. =)

Challenges for this card...
Christmas Cards All Year Round - December
Crafty Calendar - Cold and Frosty
Joanna Sheen - It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas
Craft Your Passions - Anything Goes with Glitter
Kaboodle Doodles - #96 Colors of Christmas
Tuesday Throwdown - Celebrate the Season
ABC Christmas - Y is for Yippee! Christmas Is Almost Here!
Creative Inspirations - #141 Snow Much Fun
Moving Along with the Times - #127 Last Minute Christmas
Paper Craft Journey - Christmas Challenge
Winter Wonderland - Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow
Send a Smile 4 Kids - Winter Fun for Kids
2 Sisters - #69 Christmas

13 comments:

downrightcrafty said...

what a gorgeous and beautiful creation, thank you for sharing your lovely work with us at the Winter Wonderland
Hugs Kate xx

Sue B said...

Aww this is so cute! I love the image - the background and snow is beautiful. Gorgeous layering and borders - really sweet card!
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT and good luck in the Challenge!
Hugs Sue xx

Seafield Jo said...

Wow this is a fantastic card. I love the image, the layout and all that sparkle looks brilliant. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar Challenge.Jo x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

What a fun card. Thanks for playing at Winter Wonderland. Marianne x

Pami said...

Oh what a great card! I love it! Love the sparkle, it really looks like he is tumbling in the snow! Thanks for sharing with us at MAWTT this week, good luck! Pami x

happyglitzygirl said...

Great card, love all the details and the LO. thanks for playing with us at SAS4Kids, blessings Hilde

Unknown said...

I love your sparkly card!! Thanks for playing along this week at Kaboodle Doodles!

Amber J said...

Your card is soooo cute! I love it.

Suzi Mac said...

Such a sweet card, great layering and I love the sparkle. Thank you for joining us at the Joanna Sheen Challenge this month. Good luck in the draw.
Hugs
Suzi x

DesignerDiva said...

Love the inky background and sparkly image - FAB!
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT and hope to see you again soon
Hugs Laurie x

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

Another adorable card, I love how you did your snowy ground with your wonderful image! Thanks so much for sharing it with us again @ SAS 4 Kids :)

Delphine said...

Hi Christy! Sorry I am not much around these days! I love your card, the image is too cute, and the sparkle is fantastic! And glad to know you are loving your Copics:-)! Thanks for joining us at the ABC Christmas Challenge and good luck! Hugs Delphine xx
PS: Thanks for your email re my candy:-)

Anonymous said...

so Darn cute! love it!
Thanks for joining in with us at ABC Christmas Challenge this time, Come play again soon, hugs Samantha :0)