...so here's my chance to post some art on Mom's digital fridge. I never went to kindergarten and my school didn't have art class,
so I never got to experience the classic childhood "Art Gallery Refrigerator". My mom's my best friend but I don't get to see her
as much as I want to these days, so this blog is my way of getting to share with her my love for card crafting.
Thanks for visiting and happy crafting!

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Bugaboo Monkey & His Birthday Cake

Hello!  Whew - what a month October was... fast, furious and kinda freaky.
Snow before Halloween = CRAZY!

I just browsed back through some of my postings and I'm not sure if I've been spending too much time talking about how I created my cards... what started out as a way to talk to my mom about my new hobby is now actually getting viewed by other crafters who already know the techniques and the lingo, so with 9 months of blogging (albeit sparingly) and checking out other blogs (Lord, there's always a new one to see!), it seems like it's time to give birth to something new and hopefully improved in the next couple of weeks. =)

Today I'm just popping in for a quick post of a birthday card I did for a coworker's birthday. Her bday was yesterday, but an unforeseen furbaby escape from the backyard delayed production until last night. haha
She loves monkeys, so this Bugaboo digi was perfect. I used a combination of Copics and ProMarkers to color it up - I'm getting better and more comfortable with them, but I was using plain basic cheap-o cardstock. I ordered some of the Heavenly White I liked from The Paper Temptress for next week's adventure (more details to come on that) so I'll be able to get in lots of practice. =) The purples of the cake and the papers are a better match IRL.

I used Deco Arts Snow Writer for the icing and then while it was wet, coated it in Bumblebee glitter from Doodlebug. (Looks so much better IRL than these quickie photos!) Some pearls on the cake and in the corners... and I replaced the little hat strings with a little white pom-pom that I coated in Grape Ice Stickles. My love of popping up my elements on foam dots makes its usual appearance, and inking all the paper edges with Distress Inks.  I had made some banana paper with a stamp, Mustard Seed DI and Copics to color, but I ended up only using a little piece for the sentiment and a greeting space on the inside.


Inside is one of the Valentine Monkeys from Bugaboo, except he lost his little heart accent. I love his bowtie, even if you only see a bit of it. =)  I colored him first as practice for the cake monkey. Figured it was better to have the learning curve on the INSIDE of the card. LOL



Poor monkey... his brother has all the cake on the front and he's separated from its deliciousness by all that cardstock. LOL

Anyway, sorry the pics are a rush job from this morning before work. So dark outside that early and the battery in my camera was on its last little spark. =( Sigh.

Happy Crafting, everyone and I will e you all soon!
Christy Beans

No comments: